Tags: Conlang
 Language Learning Forum : Specific Languages Post Reply
iguanamon
Pentaglot
Virgin Islands
Speaks: Ladino
Joined 5073 days ago

2237 posts - 6731 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Creole (French)

Message 1 of 2
02 November 2012 at 1:00pm | IP Logged 
Just read this in the NYT Klingon Goes Boldly Beyond 'Star Trek' Into Pop Culture. The article mentions the video spoof of Gangnam Style- Klingon Style Video Spoof. Good for a laugh or two. The video has subtitles in Klingon, English, Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese. Qaplah!

Excerpt from article:
New York Times wrote:
... Despite a tiny vocabulary of just 2,000 to 3,000 words, Klingon is the most spoken fictional language in the world, according to Guinness World Records. And last month saw a Swedish couple tie the knot in a Klingon wedding ceremony at London's "Star Trek" convention.

There is already a Klingon Language Institute, Klingon translations of Shakespeare's "Hamlet" and the Book of Mormon, a Klingon version of the board game Monopoly, a Dutch opera sung in Klingon, an annual Klingon staging of "A Christmas Carol" in Chicago, and a guided tour of Australia's famous Jenolan caves near Sydney, conducted entirely in Klingon....

Edited by iguanamon on 02 November 2012 at 1:01pm

4 persons have voted this message useful

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5367 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 2 of 2
02 November 2012 at 9:11pm | IP Logged 
Wow...I woke up to Klingon pop music this morning! (it's not often that I can say that)

My wife also noticed that the Klingon MC had a Hawaiian flower in his hair around 02:36. And ladies, as it was on the right-hand side, this means he's "available"... ;)

Qapla'!

Edited by Teango on 02 November 2012 at 9:14pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version