60 messages over 8 pages: 1 2 3 46 7 8 Next >>
tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4487 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 33 of 60
05 April 2013 at 1:20pm | IP Logged 
There is a new website Iversen. Replace the ending .com with .org :)
4 persons have voted this message useful

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6483 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 34 of 60
05 April 2013 at 2:33pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for that information. I have even conquered the Paypal barrier (and I seriously hope that company can be trusted!) to transfer 20£ . It may be too late, or it may not be relevant, but at least one obstacle has now been removed. Now I just need to know whether I'm on the list, where the event will take place and how much I still have to pay. For some reason I couldn't find those informations on the new homepage which Tarvos mentioned above.
1 person has voted this message useful

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4487 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 35 of 60
05 April 2013 at 2:36pm | IP Logged 
Paypal is fine, Iversen. I use it consistently. I do not how it functions in Denmark
though. For me it has never acted up.

And I got a confirmation email that I was on the list, but I am afraid I will not be able
to go.

Edited by tarvos on 05 April 2013 at 2:37pm

hribecek
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 5129 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech, Spanish
Studies: Italian, Polish, Slovak, Hungarian, Toki Pona, Russian

Message 36 of 60
06 April 2013 at 12:44pm | IP Logged 
Iversen wrote:
Thanks for that information. I have even conquered the Paypal barrier (and I seriously hope that company can be trusted!) to transfer 20£ . It may be too late, or it may not be relevant, but at least one obstacle has now been removed. Now I just need to know whether I'm on the list, where the event will take place and how much I still have to pay. For some reason I couldn't find those informations on the new homepage which Tarvos mentioned above.

I would hope that they would accept you as an exception even if you're not on the list. You obviously easily qualify as an expert that they should want there. I'm sure that they would be delighted to have you there if you contact Richard Simcott or Luca directly.

2 persons have voted this message useful

Splog
Diglot
Czech Republic
anthonylauder.c
Joined 5449 days ago

1062 posts - 3263 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech
Studies: Mandarin

Message 37 of 60
06 April 2013 at 5:20pm | IP Logged 
Iversen wrote:

But I returned, and there was absolutely no information about venue or fee or anyting else. I waited and waited, but then I finally went to the Facepage (read Canossa) and saw these ominous messages:

On the other hand I have moved my summer holiday to May, and I have booked flight tickets and hotel nights, which I can't just cancel, so I'm beginning to feel slightly uneasy about this whole affair. Maybe people without Facebook accounts and mobile phones numbers aren't expected to live on this planet anymore..

The conference organisers have been in Moscow for the past week, participating in a different conference. They promise to respond to all outstanding emails by Sunday (tomorrow) evening.

In terms of the conference costs: there is no fee at all, other than voluntary contributions which pay for (I believe) the conference hall, and lunches provided.

The location of the conference hall is known, although I have been asked not to disclose it, until the organisers make an announcement in the next few days. What I can say, though, is that it is very central in the city, so if your accommodation has easy access to the center you will be fine.

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6483 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 38 of 60
06 April 2013 at 6:49pm | IP Logged 
Thanks. I'm beginning to get slightly more optimistic now.

EDIT: and I have now received confirmation that I still am on the list.

Edited by Iversen on 08 April 2013 at 9:53am

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5875 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 39 of 60
17 April 2013 at 10:39pm | IP Logged 
We used the people on the registered list, who expressed an initial interest in the conference to send out a message on how to confirm that interest. Many people replied to that, but it seems that some did not. We are unsure why this is the case for everyone affected by this issue and we're sad some people felt lost, disappointed and unsure of their place at the conference. We believe that in some cases this initial e-mail with information on the follow steps was blocked by a spam filter, or another technical issues arose to stop the information getting through. In any case we're sorry for any confusion.

Everyone now attending should be aware of the details. If not, then please do get in touch with me. You can even PM on this forum. :) Anyone wishing to come still can always get in touch and go on the waiting list. I will be going to Budapest this weekend to see if we can possibly accommodate more people. The list of those interested would usually indicate the amount coming (or more than would actually come), but for us even more people want to come than originally indicated.

It's true that Facebook has become a great way to keep dialogue open with the community and it is certainly a lesson learnt for us to keep in mind alternative ways of communication for future conferences. The feedback we get is valuable to us. Anyone in the community willing to donate time to help organise these conferences with us moving forward can also get in touch. We'd certainly welcome any additional support to make these conference a success in the years to come.

We are looking forward to seeing as many people in our language community in Budapest as possible and to sharing and interacting with the videos of the outcomes, which will be distributed on YouTube freely for all to see.

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5875 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 40 of 60
05 May 2013 at 10:06pm | IP Logged 
Everyone who is coming to the conference should now have all of the information they need for the event itself. Check your spam filters, if not. If you really don't have anything, please do get in touch by PM.    

Less than two weeks to go...

This discussion contains 60 messages over 8 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version