Language Learning Forum : Esperanto Post Reply
EnglishEagle
United Kingdom
Joined 4357 days ago

140 posts - 157 votes 
Studies: English*, German

Message 1 of 6
21 May 2012 at 10:25pm | IP Logged 
I am teaching myself Esperanto and I am only a couple of hours into the study. I am using 'Kurso de Esperanto' and
I am on lesson 3, but I am just recapping lesson 1, 2 and 3.

I can say basic things such as ''Saluton, mia nomo estas Anna. Mi logxas en Anglio.'' I am attempting a putting at
sentence or two together. But I am not sure how to go about learning it. I am only 14, so I haven't had any
experience in learning a second language. Well, apart from school, but those years I have "learnt" French in school,
are pretty much pointless. Could someone please point me into the right direction. I have been looking at
Lernu.net and I am starting to use that. Any other tips suggested? I have been looking through the forum, but I am
getting quite confused...

I am looking at Esperanto to see how I can cope with learning an international auxiliary language, before trying to
tackle Italian or German...

I have about 1.5 - 2 hours of spare time after school, one I have finished after school activities and homework. So
any information would helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thankyou!
1 person has voted this message useful

Michael K.
United States
Joined 5511 days ago

568 posts - 886 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Esperanto

Message 2 of 6
21 May 2012 at 10:54pm | IP Logged 
I did Ana Pana on lernu (it's a correspondence course, you choose a tutor from a drop down menu) and then the next course in the series, I think it's called Ana Rekontras.

I think that would be a good start.

You may also want to look for The Esperanto Teacher and Esperanto for Non-grammarians, two public domain books that are over 90 years old, and The Esperanto Teacher has audio on Librivox.

Check out this thread: Online Esperanto Courses for Beginners

There are a lot of experienced Esperentists on the forum, so I'm sure someone will be able to recommend a course to your liking. The good thing is that there are plenty of free online resources for Esperanto, so you shouldn't have to buy any books unless you want to.

Good luck.

Edited by Michael K. on 21 May 2012 at 10:58pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

EnglishEagle
United Kingdom
Joined 4357 days ago

140 posts - 157 votes 

Message 3 of 6
21 May 2012 at 11:08pm | IP Logged 
Michael K. wrote:
I did Ana Pana on lernu (it's a correspondence course, you choose a tutor from a drop down
menu) and then the next course in the series, I think it's called Ana Rekontras.

I think that would be a good start.

You may also want to look for The Esperanto Teacher and Esperanto for Non-grammarians, two public domain
books that are over 90 years old, and The Esperanto Teacher has audio on Librivox.

Check out this thread:
Online Esperanto Courses for Beginners

There are a lot of experienced Esperentists on the forum, so I'm sure someone will be able to recommend a course
to your liking. The good thing is that there are plenty of free online resources for Esperanto, so you shouldn't have
to buy any books unless you want to.

Good luck.

Thankyou for the friendly advice! I will look at the websites and resources that you have suggested.

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6691 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 4 of 6
22 May 2012 at 12:04am | IP Logged 
I've written a bit about my studies in my Esperanto log here on the forum. You might find that helpful.

Michael K.
United States
Joined 5511 days ago

568 posts - 886 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Esperanto

Message 5 of 6
22 May 2012 at 12:06am | IP Logged 
You're welcome, Anna.

Good luck with Esperanto.

EnglishEagle
United Kingdom
Joined 4357 days ago

140 posts - 157 votes 

Message 6 of 6
26 May 2012 at 8:09pm | IP Logged 
jeff_lindqvist wrote:
I've written a bit about my studies in my language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5543">Esperanto log here on the forum. You might find that
helpful.

Dankon por la konsilon...

(I hope I got that right) :-)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version