110 messages over 14 pages: 1 2 35 6 7 ... 4 ... 13 14 Next >>
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 25 of 110
01 April 2012 at 6:54pm | IP Logged 
Yes, the next one in June will last a month. It'll overlap with the last two weeks of the May 6WC.
You don't really have to read in one language at a time. Well not literally, but I usually read a "proper" book in one language and at the same time read lyrics, net etc in all three. For me the randomness amounts to a nice total count:)

Interesting about signing up with just one language... I think I'd need to sign up with German only to really improve it. Sounds sad though:(
1 person has voted this message useful

espejismo
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4811 days ago

498 posts - 905 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: Spanish, Greek, Azerbaijani

Message 26 of 110
03 April 2012 at 4:58am | IP Logged 
I don't think I approached this contest the way I was supposed to. I did intensive reading rather than extensive, meaning that I would look up all the words I didn't know or wasn't sure about, re-read passages that I particularly liked, took extensive notes, etc. It was not until the last day of the challenge that I realized I can read a simple Spanish book without using a dictionary and understand about 95% of the content. The contest really got me into the habit of reading at least a little every day.

I'm also happy that it got me back into Harry Potter (I was reading "HP y el prisionero de Azkaban"). Many years ago, my grandmother bought me "HP and the Goblet of Fire" in English on the day that it came out, and I got so angry at her because I thought I would never be able to read such a big, formidable-looking book in English. But soon the Thanksgiving break began, and I was so impatient to find out what happens (back then I did not know that I could use the internet to get spoilers), that I sat down and started reading, and did just fine! So now, the same series are helping me to become more comfortable with reading in Spanish. I never got around to reading the 7th installment, so yesterday I ordered "HP y las reliquias de la muerte." I feel as excited as I was many years ago, when I was a true HP fan. :))

Edited by espejismo on 03 April 2012 at 8:12am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 27 of 110
30 May 2012 at 12:05pm | IP Logged 
The new round will start at least a week later than scheduled. I've requested that it starts when the 6WC ends then.

Which is a bit relieving as it means I don't have to sign up neither wih Polish (6WC) nor German (uni). I was trying to choose between Portuguese and Italian (and I hated the thought of doing 2 Tadokus in a row with the same langs :P) but now I think I'll do both. And maybe Polish or even good old Finnish.

Edited by Serpent on 30 May 2012 at 12:07pm

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 28 of 110
15 June 2012 at 2:04am | IP Logged 
This will be a useless update...
I asked whether there's a tentative start date and LordSilent said there's none yet.

espejismo
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4811 days ago

498 posts - 905 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: Spanish, Greek, Azerbaijani

Message 29 of 110
20 June 2012 at 9:57am | IP Logged 
It says on the Tadoku Manual page that "The ReadMOD Tadoku contests runs during the months of January, April, July, and October." Didn't it used to be in June?

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 30 of 110
20 June 2012 at 2:54pm | IP Logged 
This was last year's schedule. This year there was no round in April and there was supposed to be one in June (and there still might be lolol).
I think some of the feedback was that four rounds are too many, which makes sense I guess :D

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 31 of 110
06 July 2012 at 11:42pm | IP Logged 
LordSilent wrote this as a reply to someone on twitter:
no more information regarding that at the current moment, sorry

the question was sent from an account used only for tadoku, mostly in japanese but google translate confirms that it's about that.

dampingwire
Bilingual Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4425 days ago

1185 posts - 1513 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian*, French
Studies: Japanese

Message 32 of 110
07 July 2012 at 9:33am | IP Logged 
So is the bot running now?

I've tweeted twice:

@TadokuBot ‪#reg‬

and I'm not on the list here: http://digitalartificer.com/railed/list.php.

(Am I supposed to get a tweet back?)

This discussion contains 110 messages over 14 pages: << Prev 1 2 35 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version