Language Learning Forum : Lessons in Polyglottery Post Reply
pfn123
Australia
Joined 4864 days ago

171 posts - 291 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 1 of 4
19 October 2011 at 5:50am | IP Logged 
I intend to start studying Italian next year through university, and I wanted to get a good start in the language before then, in the next few months. After having read so many good reviews on this forum, I have just begun using Assimil. So, I have been going back over the forum, wanting to reread people's different suggestion regarding Assimil.

While I was doing this, I came accross a comment the professor made (here):
Quote:
I have written a book on the art of becoming a polyglot and am now editing it for publication
I was wondering whether this has yet come to fruition. What is the current state of this project? I have looked on the professor's website, and he says of the book:
Quote:
I need to rewrite it under the guidance of a committed professional editor before it will ever see the light of day.
On the website, the book is named The Principles of Polyliteracy, but no publication date is suggested. I hope that will be soon.

I have other books about learning how to learn languages, and find them informative, thought provoking, and motivational. I'm sure that the professor's book would be an outstanding addition.

Thank you,

Patrick Nugent
1 person has voted this message useful

pfn123
Australia
Joined 4864 days ago

171 posts - 291 votes 

Message 2 of 4
27 October 2011 at 3:24am | IP Logged 
140 views; 0 replies. Does anybody post here anymore?

lichtrausch
Triglot
United States
Joined 5741 days ago

525 posts - 1072 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Japanese
Studies: Korean, Mandarin

Message 3 of 4
27 October 2011 at 4:59am | IP Logged 
The book seems to be a rather important project for the professor so it's a good bet he would've announced it on his website if there had been any progress in getting it published.

pfn123
Australia
Joined 4864 days ago

171 posts - 291 votes 

Message 4 of 4
27 October 2011 at 11:45am | IP Logged 
lichtrausch wrote:
The book seems to be a rather important project for the professor so it's a good bet he would've announced it on his website if there had been any progress in getting it published.

Fair enough, I only ask becasue he seems to have been fairly quiet here lately. I know he's very busy, so it's not a problem. But I'm sure you're right -- he would announce it. Thanks.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version