Germany
radiant-flux.net
Joined 4315 days ago

1546 posts - 3200 votes 
Studies: German

Message 105 of 116
31 October 2014 at 9:59am | IP Logged 
Ari wrote:
EDIT: I'm sure there must be a way to reset all cards as new in Anki, right?

I coincidentally looked this up yesterday myself. It seems the only possible way to do this is to export and then reimport the deck as a new deck into Anki.

It sort of goes against the SRS philosophy so there is not software switch to allow it.
1 person has voted this message useful

Ezy Ryder
Diglot
Poland
youtube.com/user/Kat
Joined 4131 days ago

284 posts - 387 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: Mandarin, Japanese

Message 106 of 116
31 October 2014 at 10:18am | IP Logged 
Or you can select the current deck from the card browser, ctrl+a to select all the cards, and
reschedule them as new.
2 persons have voted this message useful

WingSuet
Triglot
Sweden
Joined 5133 days ago

169 posts - 211 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English, German
Studies: Cantonese

Message 107 of 116
31 October 2014 at 4:47pm | IP Logged 
Ezy Ryder wrote:
Or you can select the current deck from the card browser, ctrl+a to
select all the cards, and
reschedule them as new.

Hmm, maybe I'll try that. Though I'm using Mnemosyne, not Anki, so not sure if it will
work with my program. But it's worth a shot! ;) Thanks for all your tips!

WingSuet
Triglot
Sweden
Joined 5133 days ago

169 posts - 211 votes 

Message 108 of 116
04 December 2014 at 4:21pm | IP Logged 
We just made our first translation attempt at our translation course, after a lot of
theory about genres, texts and translation. It was kind of exciting, I was thinking while
I was translating that this is what I'll be doing for a living later on (hopefully), and
I'm glad that I enjoyed it as much as I did. We first made our own version, then we
compared our translation with someone else's and then agreed on a final version together.
It was really satisfactory to, after a lot of thinking and searching around, be able to
come up with a good solution to a difficult translation problem, something that I had
already heard other translators talk about but never really understood until now. I think
the studies will be really interesting from now on!

WingSuet
Triglot
Sweden
Joined 5133 days ago

169 posts - 211 votes 

Message 109 of 116
10 January 2015 at 11:34am | IP Logged 
After days of consideration I finally decided to join TAC 2015! I didn't participate last
year and also struggled to find any motivation to study. But lately I've felt more energy
and interest again, so I wanted to try and keep it alive by joining a team where we can
share our experiences. Hope this year goes well!

WingSuet
Triglot
Sweden
Joined 5133 days ago

169 posts - 211 votes 

Message 110 of 116
16 January 2015 at 10:07pm | IP Logged 
German
I watched two disney movies in German, Die Eiskönigin (Frozen) and Rapunzel - neu verföhnt
(Tangled). Both of them were really good versions, the voices fit very well and they didn't
bother me at all, like they sometimes do, probably because I'm too used to hearing the
swedish voices. I actually preferred the German version of Tangled over the Swedish one, so
it was quite enjoyable to watch!

But now I thought it was time to move on to some more native material, so I started
watching the series Der Kommissar und das Meer. It's very different, as it is a German AND
Swedish project, so it's got both German and Swedish actors in it. In the German version,
all the Swedish speaking actors have been dubbed to German and vice versa. It was quite
weird to see all the familiar Swedish actors speaking German, and also quite distracting
watching their mouth movements, trying to figure out which actors are German and which are
Swedish (if I didn't already know them), but also very interesting to finally watch
something in German that isn't a disney movie. It made me realize how different and how
difficult it is to try and catch what the actors are saying, especially when they mumble.
After a few episodes I started listening through earphones and that helped a bit. I'm just
thinking, maybe it's sort of cheating, since I probably should learn to pick up what they
say on the tv. What do you think?

patrickwilken
Germany
radiant-flux.net
Joined 4315 days ago

1546 posts - 3200 votes 
Studies: German

Message 111 of 116
16 January 2015 at 11:31pm | IP Logged 
WingSuet wrote:

After a few episodes I started listening through earphones and that helped a bit. I'm just
thinking, maybe it's sort of cheating, since I probably should learn to pick up what they
say on the tv. What do you think?

I listen all the time with headphones. I find it much easier to understand. I wouldn't worry about it. I find I understand what normal people are saying fine, and as my German gets stronger I find it easier to understand a more degraded signal (like with the TV).

WingSuet
Triglot
Sweden
Joined 5133 days ago

169 posts - 211 votes 

Message 112 of 116
23 January 2015 at 10:19pm | IP Logged 
So now I have finally finished reading Die Zwerge (I shouldn't really say "finally",
because I very much enjoyed the book, but it took sooo long to finish over 600 pages!).
It's the best German book I have ever read, and one of the better books in total, because
it really suits my style. Good thing there are three more books in the series, as well as
similar books about other creatures as orks, goblins and dark elves, but those will have to
wait for a while. Now I'm reading "Der Spaziergang von Rostock nach Syrakus", but I only
just started. I got this books for University, but I never read the book. After this one
I'm either going to read Der Hobbit (which I have already read in Swedish) or reread all
books I've read in my German courses, just to see how much I've improved (I have marked
words I didn't know when I read them, so it will be a good comparison) and to hopefully
enjoy the books more now that I can understand them better.

Oh, and I'm leaving for Austria tomorrow! Going skiing for a week for the second time in my
life, it'll be great! I'll probably update once I'm back again, maybe I'll have some
opportunity to practise my German :)

This discussion contains 116 messages over 15 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version