Language Learning Forum : Advice Center Post Reply
Chris77
Poland
Joined 4839 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes
Speaks: Polish*

Message 1 of 1
07 May 2011 at 8:03pm | IP Logged 
Hello, this is my first post in here.I'm from Poland, my name is Chris (as you can see in my profile;) ) So far I've been focused mostly on reading stuff, but I finally got to the point, where I'd like to ask for some advice.

So, it's all about English. I've been learning this language since I remember (mainly at school - about 10 years) but I'm not satisfied with my spoken/writing skills. My present level is I'd say pretty advanced (I can be wrong, it's difficult to rate it on my own;) ) and my goal is to be fluent.

What I mean by saying fluent is to understand almost everything what's on TV, read comfortably newspapers and express easily what I want to say.
The truth is that I can understand most from American TV as long as there's no specific vocabulary (business, technology etc.). I mentioned American TV because I find it easier than British to understand, but I think it depends on which of this accents you've had more contact with.

I've found here a method called "LR Method" and it seems to be a good way to reach my goal. It's similar to Assimil ( I'm working on my Spanish with Assimil and I really enjoy it) but I'm a little bit worried about my listening skills when using this method, mainly because of the fact that the texts are read too slow when compared to the everyday speech.

Could You give me some advice on what to choose to reach English fluency?

If I made any mistakes in post above, sorry for them;) I'd be also glad if anyone could correct them for me;)

Cheers!

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version