Joined 4895 days ago

13 posts - 15 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, French

Message 9 of 13
28 April 2011 at 9:59pm | IP Logged 
Arekkusu wrote:
You must be in control of your study.

To me, it's not a big deal if you study both at the same time (even if you've never
done
it before), insofar as you remain in full control of what you are doing and are ready
to
change the way you do things if it doesn't feel right.

Oh and don't wait till next month. Start now. If you can't start now, you won't be
doing
this for 5 years.
I have too much to do this month honestly. I guess I could
start this month by doing a tiny bit of study each day, but not much. Normally I
wouldn't be this busy, but this is the very end of the school year and trying to get as
much done as I can.

Edited by iZach on 28 April 2011 at 10:01pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5190 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 
Speaks: English, French*, GermanC1, Spanish, Japanese, Esperanto
Studies: Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Estonian

Message 10 of 13
28 April 2011 at 10:08pm | IP Logged 
iZach wrote:
Arekkusu wrote:
You must be in control of your study.

To me, it's not a big deal if you study both at the same time (even if you've never
done
it before), insofar as you remain in full control of what you are doing and are ready
to

Oh and don't wait till next month. Start now. If you can't start now, you won't be
doing
this for 5 years.
start this month by doing a tiny bit of study each day, but not much. Normally I
wouldn't be this busy, but this is the very end of the school year and trying to get as
much done as I can.

A language is learned by doing a little bit every day, here and there, not by cramming for a month.

iZach
United States
Joined 4895 days ago

13 posts - 15 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, French

Message 12 of 13
28 April 2011 at 10:19pm | IP Logged 
Arekkusu wrote:
iZach wrote:
Arekkusu wrote:
You must be in control of your
study.

done
to

doing
this for 5 years.
much done as I can.

A language is learned by doing a little bit every day, here and there, not by cramming
for a month.
Ya, I realize that, but what I meant was I will only be able to do
a tiny bit this month and plan to do a lot of intensive study in June, and then for a
month or two after that, because I might as well do something productive with all my
free time lol.

Edited by iZach on 28 April 2011 at 10:20pm

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5190 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 
Speaks: English, French*, GermanC1, Spanish, Japanese, Esperanto
Studies: Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Estonian

Message 13 of 13
28 April 2011 at 10:25pm | IP Logged 
iZach wrote:
Arekkusu wrote:
iZach wrote:
Arekkusu wrote:
You must be in control of your
study.

done
to

doing
this for 5 years.
much done as I can.

A language is learned by doing a little bit every day, here and there, not by cramming
for a month.
Ya, I realize that, but what I meant was I will only be able to do
a tiny bit this month and plan to do a lot of intensive study in June, and then for a
month or two after that, because I might as well do something productive with all my
free time lol.

You've stated a goal of learning French and Japanese within 5 years. What I'm saying is that if you are to reach that goal and stay on target, you will need to study a little bit when a little bit is all you can do, and a lot when you can do a lot. You will need motivation and focus. Putting it off is not an option. I'm pretty sure you can listen to Assimil when walking or riding the bus, for starters.

This discussion contains 13 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version