Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6221 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 1 of 5
23 May 2010 at 10:28am | IP Logged 
A forum member mentioned looking for Corsican resources. I think this is an interesting query, given that it's not a language with very many, so am starting a collaborative thread to see what resources forum members can find for this language.

Chime in with suggestions, please.

Learning:
Assimil Corsican.

A list of resources, including textbooks, for Corsican. It also links to conjugations, etc.

A Lingua Corsa. A small online course, in French.

General background information, including small sites aimed at learning, and material in Corsican:

A list of Corsican-language-related websites.

A page about "A pratica è a grammatica", by Jean-Marie Comiti, 1996.

Edited by Volte on 23 May 2010 at 10:44am

4 persons have voted this message useful

alang
Diglot
Canada
Joined 7003 days ago

563 posts - 757 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish

Message 2 of 5
24 May 2010 at 1:17am | IP Logged 

In addition to Assimil: Le Corse sans peine, I have Parlons: Corse book and also Méthode de langue: Le Corse a booklet and three cds. All three are French based programs.

3 persons have voted this message useful

noriyuki_nomura
Bilingual Octoglot
Switzerland
Joined 5122 days ago

304 posts - 465 votes 
Speaks: English*, Mandarin*, Japanese, FrenchC2, GermanC2, ItalianC1, SpanishB2, DutchB1
Studies: TurkishA1, Korean

Message 3 of 5
24 May 2010 at 6:54am | IP Logged 
Oh thanks alot for the information!!!
1 person has voted this message useful

noriyuki_nomura
Bilingual Octoglot
Switzerland
Joined 5122 days ago

304 posts - 465 votes 
Speaks: English*, Mandarin*, Japanese, FrenchC2, GermanC2, ItalianC1, SpanishB2, DutchB1

Message 4 of 5
08 July 2010 at 10:26pm | IP Logged 
Oh, just wanna mention that, I went to Paris last weekend and had the opportunity to visit Assimil shop located along Rue de Pyramid in Paris. As a matter of fact, I had expected a much bigger store, but instead, I was 'greeted' by a really small shop...

Anyway, I bought a set of Corsican Assimil course, and it's definitely worth the money. At least, I can listen to how Corsican sounds like :) Perhaps for those who are interested to buy Assimil products too: the Assimil set that I bought in Paris costs EURO 64.90, but I found the same edition of Assimil set costs CHF 170 (which is about EURO 145 in Switzerland). Hence, it's advisable to buy directly from Amazon...

Edited by noriyuki_nomura on 08 July 2010 at 10:31pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

noriyuki_nomura
Bilingual Octoglot
Switzerland
Joined 5122 days ago

304 posts - 465 votes 

Message 5 of 5
12 October 2010 at 3:53pm | IP Logged 
I came across this site recently regarding the certification in corsican language awarded by the university of corsica (oversees B2, C1 and C2 levels) and the corsican academy (oversees A1, A2 and B1 levels), and thought about sharing with those of you who are interested in this beautiful language (information in french though):

http://www.ac-corse.fr/Certification-en-Langue-Corse-CLC_a12 60.html
http://www.certificatu.fr/accueil.htm

Edited by noriyuki_nomura on 12 October 2010 at 3:56pm

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version