Triglot
Italy
Joined 5128 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 177 of 360
30 August 2013 at 5:39pm | IP Logged 
After searching a little more the Folkuniversitet site, I’ve finally discovered where to find most of the information I’ve given above (I couldn’t find anything for the A2+ course). And as I’m already listing the links, I also add those for the B2+ and C1/C2 courses.

The text is in Swedish, but it’s rather accessible. For each “module” the pdf files offer a little bibliography of the materials that may be used and some examples of the grammar points and communication tasks one is supposed to master by the end of the course.

A1/A2
A2+
B1
B1+
B2-
B2
B2+
C1/C2

Edited by Emme on 30 August 2013 at 5:40pm

4 persons have voted this message useful

sans-serif
Tetraglot
Finland
Joined 4340 days ago

298 posts - 470 votes 
Speaks: Finnish*, English, German, Swedish
Studies: Danish

Message 178 of 360
30 August 2013 at 8:12pm | IP Logged 
Great detective work, Emme. :-)

Reading through the course descriptions, I'm painfully aware of how much my active skills are lagging behind... Anyway, thanks. Advanced textbooks are surprisingly hard to find and these bibliographies look promising.
1 person has voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4947 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 179 of 360
30 August 2013 at 10:30pm | IP Logged 
Sounds ambitious but doable, Emme. I wonder if there's such thing in Norwegian, even
though I don't think I've reached a similar level in Norwegian as yours. the B2 thing by
june 2015 seems doable, but I think by that time I'll be studying Norwegian just through
reading novels and watching films, so I won't really have an article-proofreading and
test-answering routine.

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5128 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 180 of 360
03 September 2013 at 3:39pm | IP Logged 
sans-serif wrote:
[...] Advanced textbooks are surprisingly hard to find and these bibliographies look promising.

I’m almost certain I’ve already posted this link somewhere on this forum, but I can’t remember when or where. So, here it is again.

Svenska institutet lists a few textbooks brought out by Swedish publishers and for many of them it also gives an approximate level on the CEFR scale. There are a few items scaled B1 and higher, so this may be a good place to start looking for advanced textbooks.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5128 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 181 of 360
03 September 2013 at 3:42pm | IP Logged 
Expugnator wrote:
Sounds ambitious but doable, Emme. I wonder if there's such thing in Norwegian, even
though I don't think I've reached a similar level in Norwegian as yours. the B2 thing by
june 2015 seems doable, but I think by that time I'll be studying Norwegian just through
reading novels and watching films, so I won't really have an article-proofreading and
test-answering routine.

As I said, the temptation is there, but I’m afraid that given my track record in making plans and sticking to them, any such enterprise is doomed from the beginning. But yes, working towards a certificate would fit my way of studying: I’m rather old-fashioned when it comes to learning languages, to the extent that only textbook studying counts as “real study” and I don’t really feel like I’m done with a textbook until I’ve worked through every single page, reading the texts dozens of times, copying them, drilling the pronunciation, doing all the exercises out loud (and in writing) etc. So a traditional goal like sitting for a formal exam is not really out of the question for someone like me. You seem to thrive on a different method and so aiming for a certificate might not be the thing for you. To each his own, the important thing is that we’re happy with the results.

Anyway, according to Wikipedia there’s an exam for Norwegian similar to the Swedex: the Norsk Språktest – Folkeuniversitetet. If you are curious you can learn more about it here.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5128 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 182 of 360
03 September 2013 at 3:50pm | IP Logged 
Today is already the 3rd of September and it’s high time I updated my fellow MIR and Viking Team members on how the TAC is going.

Thanks to the 6wc, even though August wasn’t exactly a success at least I’ve engaged with different languages almost every day. As usual it was mainly by doing extensive activities such as listening or watching or reading something in the TLs. But I’ve also managed a few hours of real studying, even though I spread them over too many languages to really make a difference. Yet, coming on the back of two months (June and July) when I think I didn’t log a single hour of studying, it’s already an improvement.

I’m especially satisfied, because as the weeks go by, I’m actually increasing the amount of work I do rather than running out of steam as happened in my two previous 6wc attempts. I hope that now that the summer is almost over I will be able to ease into a routine where my languages can find their space. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

Minutes studied in August (and in 2013):

Russian: 465 (4270)
Swedish: 175 (3640)
Japanese: 125 (965)
German: 150 (570)
French: 50 (245)
Romanian: 125 (125)
Chinese: 0 (20).

sans-serif
Tetraglot
Finland
Joined 4340 days ago

298 posts - 470 votes 
Speaks: Finnish*, English, German, Swedish
Studies: Danish

Message 183 of 360
03 September 2013 at 5:09pm | IP Logged 
Emme wrote:
sans-serif wrote:
[...] Advanced textbooks are surprisingly hard to find and these bibliographies look promising.

I’m almost certain I’ve already posted this link somewhere on this forum, but I can’t remember when or where. So, here it is again.

Svenska institutet lists a few textbooks brought out by Swedish publishers and for many of them it also gives an approximate level on the CEFR scale. There are a few items scaled B1 and higher, so this may be a good place to start looking for advanced textbooks.

Many thanks. I'm primarily looking for C1–C2 textbooks, but the B1–B2 books are probably worth taking a look at, too.

Mareike
Germany
Joined 6005 days ago

267 posts - 323 votes 
Speaks: German*
Studies: English, Swedish

Message 184 of 360
04 September 2013 at 12:00am | IP Logged 
I can't believe and I tried on my own to find advanced textbooks.
One problem is that many books aren't compared to the CERF scale. The are compared to levels of sfi or sas.
And so to looked for svenska som andraspråk B or TISUS.

The first textbook I found was Språkporten and a grammar book Form i fokus.
(You can see some examples here: http://saltagrodan.blogspot.de/2011/05/ihr-fragt-nach-form-i -fokus.html)

Then I looked at the publishers homepage by Kultur & Natur.
There you find "Syntaxboken" by Håkan Rosenqvist, not a textbook, but graded from B1 to C2.
And if you look in the catalogue: http://www.nok.se/PageFiles/108563/pdf/SFI_katalog.pdf there are not a lot advanced textbook.
Maybe ta för dig, but it seems to be for students at school.

This discussion contains 360 messages over 45 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version