Wilco
Triglot
Canada
Joined 6127 days ago

160 posts - 247 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Russian

Message 1 of 2
17 December 2009 at 4:34am | IP Logged 
I'll soon be leaving for Harbin, China, to study Mandarin. Even though I know I could easily make myself understood in pretty much all situations in formal mandarin, I am also greatly interested in learning about the local dialect. I've looked around the internet and in librairies, but it seems there's not a great deal of information about that dialect. Does anybody know about some materials, textbooks or dictionaries, about the eastern variety of mandarin? Localism, expressions, anything would be helpful! Thank you! Xiexie!

1 person has voted this message useful

YoshiYoshi
China
Joined 5328 days ago

143 posts - 205 votes 
Speaks: Mandarin*

Message 2 of 2
17 December 2009 at 6:44am | IP Logged 
Northeast Mandarin (东北话)

Frankly, many people (including me) don't like Manchurian style of Mandarin such as pure Beijing or Northeast dialect (loanwords and phonology).

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version