United States
Joined 5710 days ago

1335 posts - 1632 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Finnish
Studies: Thai, Polish, Afrikaans, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish, Swedish

Message 17 of 149
08 July 2009 at 2:34am | IP Logged 
I saw your video a few weeks ago when you first mentioned it in your log. I enjoyed it; I was especially glad to finally hear Esperanto being spoken, even though I don't understand it, rather than someone simply talking about the virtues of Esperanto in English.
1 person has voted this message useful

JW
Hexaglot
United States
youtube.com/user/egw
Joined 5908 days ago

1802 posts - 2011 votes 
22 sounds
Speaks: English*, German, Spanish, Ancient Greek, French, Biblical Hebrew
Studies: Luxembourgish, Dutch, Greek, Italian

Message 18 of 149
08 July 2009 at 3:17am | IP Logged 
Nice work, very impressive, kudos!

You really seem equally comfortable in German, English, and Dutch (of course I didn't fully understand the Esperanto but I could pick out some words) I look forward to the romance language version.

How much did you prepare for this? Did you know the questions in advance or was it totally spontaneous?

Edited by JW on 08 July 2009 at 3:17am

Jar-ptitsa
Triglot
Belgium
Joined 5684 days ago

980 posts - 1006 votes 
Speaks: French*, Dutch, German

Message 19 of 149
08 July 2009 at 10:59am | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:
I have just submitted my interview replies for the polyglot section of Luiza's website. Other people of this forum have already given an interview there.

Let's wait until it gets published!

Fasulye

put the link please to Luiza's website.

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6489 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 20 of 149
08 July 2009 at 11:32am | IP Logged 
http://www.helpwithstudy.com/

(Luiza from Romania ["miss v" in this forum] takes care of the Polyglots' section, while her friend Julia from Russia takes care of the rest)

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5633 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 21 of 149
08 July 2009 at 6:55pm | IP Logged 
JW wrote:
Nice work, very impressive, kudos!

You really seem equally comfortable in German, English, and Dutch (of course I didn't fully understand the Esperanto but I could pick out some words) I look forward to the romance language version.

How much did you prepare for this? Did you know the questions in advance or was it totally spontaneous?

No, I made a complete written draft of the questions and answers in advance and I handed the questions out to my interviewer. I personally don't want to "hold a chat", but wanted the interview to be informative. For the next video interview another person will interview me and I haven't cooperated with her yet. So I can't estimate how good our teamwork will be.

I am also thinking of making an own Esperanto-video, because this language has created lots of interest and curious questions.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 08 July 2009 at 6:56pm

JW
Hexaglot
United States
youtube.com/user/egw
Joined 5908 days ago

1802 posts - 2011 votes 
22 sounds

Message 22 of 149
08 July 2009 at 7:39pm | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:
No, I made a complete written draft of the questions and answers in advance and I handed the questions out to my interviewer. I personally don't want to "hold a chat", but wanted the interview to be informative. For the next video interview another person will interview me and I haven't cooperated with her yet. So I can't estimate how good our teamwork will be.

Well, you have motivated me to do a video as well, not interview style though since I don’t know any polyglots locally. Thanks for the inspiration.

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5633 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 23 of 149
08 July 2009 at 8:07pm | IP Logged 
JW wrote:
Fasulye wrote:

Well, you have motivated me to do a video as well, not interview style though since I don’t know any polyglots locally. Thanks for the inspiration.

JW, I will be very interested in watching your video and I will be able to understand all of your languages. Please inform us in the forum and give us the link to You Tube.

Fasulye

JW
Hexaglot
United States
youtube.com/user/egw
Joined 5908 days ago

1802 posts - 2011 votes 
22 sounds

Message 24 of 149
08 July 2009 at 8:19pm | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:
JW, I will be very interested in watching your video and I will be able to understand all of your languages.

Ah yes, your language skills subsume mine—almost—as I plan to throw in a little Luxembourgish, but I think you can understand that as well?   

Fasulye wrote:
Please inform us in the forum and give us the link to You Tube

I will certainly provide the link.

This discussion contains 149 messages over 19 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version