Kendrah
United States
Joined 5342 days ago

10 posts - 17 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese

Message 11 of 121
01 September 2009 at 12:19pm | IP Logged 
I find it funny that a lot of the people who are native in their languages comment on his accent and not on his achievement. Is it really necessary to find SOME point to criticize him, esp since he probably won't be reading this (thus you can't hid behind to idea of "helping" him)?

I find him inspiring. Thanks for posting this. :)
8 persons have voted this message useful

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6687 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 12 of 121
01 September 2009 at 6:34pm | IP Logged 
I agree, it's funny how they have to comment on some minute detail of his (and other polyglots') accent and/or grammar. Wrong case/tense/gender can't be the end of the world, and the comments about accent... I don't know if it was Luca's blog or Torbyrne's or somebody elses, but it was something like "Well, that alveolo-palatal affricate should really be voiced". Oh, the humanity...

I find his videos awe inspiring.
5 persons have voted this message useful

dbh2ppa
Diglot
Groupie
Costa Rica
Joined 5466 days ago

44 posts - 74 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English
Studies: Italian, Japanese, Sign Language

Message 13 of 121
05 September 2009 at 12:34am | IP Logged 
This guy is amazing. His Spanish is awesome (though, him being Italian and all, easiest).
His English sounds very natural. As for the other ones, I can't tell, but still.... amazing.
Toffeeliz wrote:

It is low-brow to mention he is quite the looker? ;D

QFT... not only that, but all those languages just add to it... by the time you get to the end of the video he looks 5X better.
4 persons have voted this message useful

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5873 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 14 of 121
27 May 2010 at 9:52am | IP Logged 
I was fortunate enough to have Luca stay as a guest in my house in the United Kingdom. He is kind, funny and a truly great polyglot. Luca and I did a short interview whilst he was staying with me. If you would like to see it, the link is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn2Uhq1wP6c

13 persons have voted this message useful

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5625 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 15 of 121
27 May 2010 at 11:59am | IP Logged 
Torbyrne wrote:
I was fortunate enough to have Luca stay as a guest in my house in the United Kingdom. He is kind, funny and a truly great polyglot. Luca and I did a short interview whilst he was staying with me. If you would like to see it, the link is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn2Uhq1wP6c

My Skype contact with Luca has been only very short, so it's interesting for me to read, how you charactarize him, Richard.

This is one of the very best videos I have ever seen on You Tube (and I have already watched a lot of videos there) so I recommend every forum member, who is interested in polyglots and polyglottery, to watch this video.

I will watch this video in detail several times, because it's so complex and I want to get every information (concerning language ability and contents) out of it.

I myself have made a multilingual language interview with my Dutch friend, but he's not such a polyglot as Luca. (But also he had lots of fun recording it together with me!)

Benny the Irish Polyglot offered me to make a polyglot video together with him, if I could visit him in Berlin. But I live far away from Berlin and I can't pay such an expensive train ticket, so that's bad luck! Therefore I had to refuse his offer.

A big dosis of kudos to both of you for making such an extraordinary video, Luca and Richard!!!

Kind regards,

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 27 May 2010 at 2:02pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6687 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 16 of 121
27 May 2010 at 12:57pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for posting this, Torbyrne. It's one of the most inspiring videos I've seen in a very long time.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 121 messages over 16 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version