14 messages over 2 pages: 1
maaku
United States
Joined 5454 days ago

359 posts - 562 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 9 of 14
25 November 2009 at 10:19am | IP Logged 
Rout, I'm sorry for not understanding but could you clarify what you mean by "both French without Toils"? In addition to the one featured in this thread, do you own the original pre-1940 first edition? Or are you referring to the modern New French with Ease sold by Assimil today? Or perhaps some other edition?

Edited by maaku on 25 November 2009 at 10:19am

1 person has voted this message useful

Rout
Diglot
United States
Joined 5592 days ago

326 posts - 417 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Spanish
Studies: Hindi

Message 10 of 14
25 November 2009 at 2:05pm | IP Logged 
I have French Without Toil from 1954 (3e) and French Without Toil from 1981 ([5e] I think. Don't have it on hand). Both are copyright 1940. Those are the editions I was referring to. I've never heard of a "pre-1940" edition. I'm sure it's exactly the same and all editions follow along with the recordings I made public except for the change in prices and the liaison. (1e) just means it was printed in 1940 I would assume. No real difference in content. Those were also leather bound instead.

French with Ease and New French With Ease are completely different books with different authors and different titles to go along.

maaku
United States
Joined 5454 days ago

359 posts - 562 votes 

Message 11 of 14
25 November 2009 at 11:24pm | IP Logged 
Thanks.

bertlanguage
United States
Joined 5213 days ago

18 posts - 22 votes
Studies: Spanish, French

Message 12 of 14
27 April 2010 at 8:23am | IP Logged 
Rout wrote:
I have French Without Toil from 1954 (3e) and French Without Toil from 1981 ([5e] I think. Don't have it on hand). Both are copyright 1940. Those are the editions I was referring to. I've never heard of a "pre-1940" edition. I'm sure it's exactly the same and all editions follow along with the recordings I made public except for the change in prices and the liaison. (1e) just means it was printed in 1940 I would assume. No real difference in content. Those were also leather bound instead.

French with Ease and New French With Ease are completely different books with different authors and different titles to go along.

Where can I find the French Without Toil recordings uploaded by Rout? Thank you.

Rout
Diglot
United States
Joined 5592 days ago

326 posts - 417 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Spanish
Studies: Hindi

Message 13 of 14
27 April 2010 at 9:31am | IP Logged 
Please PM me.

goosefrabbas
Triglot
Pro Member
United States
Joined 6248 days ago

393 posts - 475 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish
Studies: German, Italian
Personal Language Map

Message 14 of 14
27 April 2010 at 8:45pm | IP Logged 
The 1er, 2e, 3e, ..., 19e, 20e are arrondissements (or districts) in Paris. It's similar to a state being divided into parishes (or counties in the other 49 states).

This discussion contains 14 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version