Diglot
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4932 days ago

30 posts - 36 votes
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Japanese, Korean

Message 49 of 57
27 September 2010 at 3:01am | IP Logged 
All the time. I keep having weird Korean dreams and I just started studying it. I know
like no words...same for Jap.
1 person has voted this message useful

Olympia
Triglot
United States
Joined 5741 days ago

195 posts - 244 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Old English, French

Message 50 of 57
09 October 2010 at 4:55am | IP Logged 
I'm not usually one to remember my dreams, but I think I've had two dreams in Spanish, I don't remember what they were about, but I remember waking up. Other times the first thought in my head when I wake up is in Spanish, so I often wonder if that means I had just been dreaming in Spanish as well. Once a few years ago my dad came to wake me for school and I mumbled "Don't touch me," in Spanish while still half asleep. I didn't even realize it until he asked me to repeat what I'd said.

I don't ever recall dreaming in Portuguese--well, not exactly. I have had several dreams about going to Brazil where people around me are speaking Portuguese, but my internal thoughts and the whole frame of reference of the dream is in English.

Once, several years ago, I visited my aunt in Germany and while in Europe I also went to Amsterdam and visited the Anne Frank House. A few months later when back in the States, I had a dream about Anne Frank and the others hiding in the attic. It was almost like watching a play. Like I was there, but I had no role in the dream itself. Nothing special was happening; they were just going about their daily business. The entire dream was in what I thought at the time was German, but from what I remember now (and historical fact, I guess) the language they were speaking more closely resembled Dutch. I really hadn't heard either spoken at the time beyond just a few words, and now that I am more familiar with languages I think what I was "hearing" was Dutch. Sounds crazy, I know. Make of it what you will; believe it or don't, but the dream happened.

Edited to make it more clear that I speak nothing of either German or Dutch myself.

Edited by Olympia on 09 October 2010 at 4:55am

happycheeks
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 4467 days ago

57 posts - 59 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Russian

Message 51 of 57
13 November 2012 at 10:18pm | IP Logged 
Yes, I had a dream in french. I was saying goodbye to someone in french, I said. Au
revoir, a bientot.

bela_lugosi
Hexaglot
Finland
Joined 6214 days ago

272 posts - 376 votes 
Speaks: English, Finnish*, Italian, Spanish, German, Swedish
Studies: Russian, Estonian, Sámi, Latin

Message 52 of 57
16 November 2012 at 2:15am | IP Logged 
I usually have dreams in either Finnish, English or Italian, which are my strongest languages. It has happened to me several times that when I wake up after a dream in English or Italian somebody says something to me in Finnish or some other language and I am unable to catch the meaning of the sentence. My reply is usually in Italian: "Come?"

stifa
Triglot
Norway
lang-8.com/448715
Joined 4633 days ago

629 posts - 813 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, EnglishC2, German
Studies: Japanese, Spanish

Message 53 of 57
16 November 2012 at 10:26am | IP Logged 
I have dreamt once in German years ago, but apart from that, I think I've only dreamt
in Norwegian. Although I've been in England for two months, I can't remember ever
dreaming in English...

Roman
Diglot
Groupie
Spain
Joined 5212 days ago

42 posts - 52 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French

Message 54 of 57
16 November 2012 at 10:40am | IP Logged 
I had some dreams in other languages... The last one being a friend of mine saying a
sentence wich was a mixture of Italian and German. :)
I also have dreamt in GuaranĂ­ once and in other dream, many years ago, I dreamt I was
singing a Westlife song in a clip-like dream :b... And I was not a huge fan of them.
Weird.

Edited by Roman on 16 November 2012 at 10:42am

psy88
United States
Joined 5351 days ago

469 posts - 882 votes 
Studies: Spanish*, Japanese, Latin, French

Message 55 of 57
17 November 2012 at 2:57am | IP Logged 
I do from time to time based, I think on two factors. The first is, how much intensive study I had been doing before bedtime. And the second (and this is not meant to be funny) is when I have been sick with a fever.

Medulin
Tetraglot
Croatia
Joined 4428 days ago

1199 posts - 2192 votes 
Speaks: Croatian*, English, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Norwegian, Hindi, Nepali

Message 56 of 57
17 November 2012 at 3:07am | IP Logged 
Nope, in dreamscape I always communicate telepathically.

Edited by Medulin on 17 November 2012 at 3:08am

This discussion contains 57 messages over 8 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version