681 posts - 739 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, GermanB1, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 9 of 10
07 September 2005 at 9:08pm | IP Logged 
luke wrote:
Can you describe more about how
you turn the FSI drills into a visual exercise?

I find the substitution and variation drills right out of the Barron’s manuals as one of the best visual keys to see how the language works. They remind me of the sentence forming exercises in any of Margarita Madrigal’s books. I have an out of print copy of Madrigal’s Magic Key to French I am using to supplement Assimil. I try to use the FSI drills as the “Magic Key” with audio. I will have to vary the method from language to language, for example, Assimil and Barron’s will work fine for German, but for French I’m using French in Action as a replacement for FSI. I’m only using Barron’s French I at the moment as an experiment.
1 person has voted this message useful

lengua
United States
polyglottery.wordpre
Joined 6494 days ago

549 posts - 595 votes 
Studies: French, Italian, Spanish, German

Message 10 of 10
18 October 2006 at 10:46am | IP Logged 
I'm thinking of creating something to the Learn in Your Car programs, but for Portuguese.
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version