Z.J.J
China
Joined 5420 days ago

243 posts - 305 votes 
Speaks: Mandarin*

Message 9 of 13
20 August 2009 at 5:12am | IP Logged 
1. See contemporary Chinese poet「海子」: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hai_Zi

2. I personally prefer "Song poetry"「宋词(Sòng Cí)」 to "Tang poetry"「唐诗(Táng Shī)」, because the different "Cí Pái"(词牌) of "Song poetry" actually make poem lines some shorter and some longer (based on various rules). And I'd like to recommend 「宋词三百首」(Selected 300 Poetry of "Song Dynasty") and「唐.五代.词」(Selected Poetry of "Tang Dynasty" & "Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms Period") to anyone with an great interest in Classical Chinese poetry.

Remark: Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms Period = 五代十国 (Wǔdài Shíguó).

1 person has voted this message useful

bluejay390
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6090 days ago

227 posts - 259 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese, Malay, Italian

Message 10 of 13
20 August 2009 at 5:46am | IP Logged 
Z.J.J,
Do you of any good contemporary Chinese fiction novels or short stories? I don't know if you have ever read Candy (糖) by Mian Mian (棉棉) but I love this book and I am looking for books similar to that one as well. Also, do you know of any websites where someone can buy Chinese books and have them shipped to the United States?

Z.J.J
China
Joined 5420 days ago

243 posts - 305 votes 

Message 11 of 13
20 August 2009 at 6:07am | IP Logged 
bluejay390 wrote:
Z.J.J,
Do you of any good contemporary Chinese fiction novels or short stories? I don't know if you have ever read Candy (糖) by Mian Mian (棉棉) but I love this book and I am looking for books similar to that one as well. Also, do you know of any websites where someone can buy Chinese books and have them shipped to the United States?

1. Sorry, I haven't read Candy Mian Mian as yet, so I'm afraid I can't recommend any other books that are similar to this one.

2. The most famous website in China, 卓越:http://www.amazon.cn/channel/book (http://www.amazon.cn/mn/helpfinal?pageid=398&uid=475-598675 2-8000131)

* 如何订购 (how to order)
    * 如何支付 (how to pay)
    * 配送费和时间 (freight & time)
    * 退款 (refund)
    * 网上支付常识 (common sense about payment)
    * 常见问题 (common problem)

bouda
United States
Joined 5409 days ago

194 posts - 197 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 12 of 13
20 August 2009 at 6:15am | IP Logged 
Thanks! I actually have not read much Song poetry yet so I'll check it out.

Z.J.J
China
Joined 5420 days ago

243 posts - 305 votes 

Message 13 of 13
20 August 2009 at 6:33am | IP Logged 
To: bouda
It was, is and will be always my pleasure.

To: bluejay390
You can send an Email (click on 联系我们) to inquire about details (http://www.amazon.cn/mn/helpfinal?pageid=428&uid=475-598675 2-8000131), if you're not sure that you can write and read Chinese well enough, I can build a bridge between you and the website.

This discussion contains 13 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version